Playing a handpan is inviting a sense of magic into our lives. If we let the instrument guide us, our creative musical potential is easily and playfully tapped into. Presence fills our minds. We drift, we flow, we feel restored. Handpans are intuitively and easily accessible even to people without any musical background. A truly universal instrument for our times.
Soma are sound sculptures handmade in Switzerland. They are inspired by the
well-known Hang®, built
by PANart Hangbau AG.
All instruments are carefully tuned and heat treated many times to ensure warm intonation and structural stability.
More information about the instrument can be found on the FAQ page, Soma's Facebook presence or our Instagram account. The videos linked here and on our Youtube channel are all recorded without special equipment or additional sound effects. For the best audio experience, however, headphones are recommended. Thank you for visiting!
- In our new webshop Soma's for immediate purchase can be found.
- The first Soma's with bass notes on the bottom shells have been created. We call them "low extenders" as the scale on the upper shell is extended "downwards", broadening the scale options. Video's of the first instruments can be found here, here and here. For pricing read the FAQ's-
- Soma is accepting new requests for its Sound Sculptures. The current waiting-time for a Soma is roughly 8 weeks. Please contact us here. Often we also have Soma's for immediate purchase(without waiting-time) published here or in our workshop.
- The first stage of development of the 2nd Sound Sculpture, the LYNX, a handpan playable by hand and feet, is finished. It is ready to released into the wider public. See videos below and on our Youtube Channel.
- Soma has been extending its scale range by introducing the "Extended Range Series" a few months ago. These Soma's feature one or two more high notes than on a standard handpan of the same scale. Please read the FAQ's for pricing.
- Soma has introduced a new Dome Architecture last
year (see Youtube description for details). Inpexes are continued to be made on demand.
"KOSMA Sound" playing a Soma "Zubhinna"
Introducing: Sound Sculpture "LYNX" (played by hands & feet)
Sherif from "Sarmad" playing two Soma's
Sébastien grooving on a Phrygian Hexatonic9
Sacha playing a Kaffa
Claudiu on a Suddha Simantinti
Hari Nata (low extended)
Many more videos can be found on the sound-model page or on your YouTube Channel.
If you would like to be updated about new videos from our sound sculptures, subscribe to our YouTube Channel by pressing the button below: